Thursday, February 5, 2009

Okay, I was innocently researching for my story...

I was reading about Thor on Wikipedia when I came upon this and started laughing out loud:

In the Poetic Edda and Prose Edda, Thor is the son of Odin and the giantess Jörd (Jord, the Earth). His wife is called Sif, and little is known of her except that she has golden hair. With his mistress, the giantess Járnsaxa, Thor had a son Magni and with Sif he had his daughter Thrud.

Am I the only one who feels bad for Thrud? I've threatened to name my child some really awful things: Dagmar, Wombat, Omega Shiva Banana, Hortense the Mule Child... but Thrud? Seriously, Thor? How did that happen? Did you swear, "I shall throw my hammer Mjolnir into the earth and whatever sound it makes, that shall be the name of my child!"

No comments: