Sunday, February 15, 2009

X-Men Primer - Revised

Thursday I got my paycheck so Saturday I bought myself a printer/scanner. I've spent the weekend scanning things to death which is so much more fun than trying to find barely adequate pictures to represent what I'm talking about... but the more pictures I have, the more room they take up which means I have to put in more text or they look really funky.

Anyway, this is my long way of saying that I revised parts 1 and 2 so you should go check them out. I clarified some of my vague parts, added things I forgot, and just generally made them better. I hope to have number three out soon, but it's more of a pain in the ass than you might think.

So why am I doing it? I'm trying to find out that quality that I love about comics by analyzing my favorite childhood comics and trying to use those storytelling methods to get the same kind of wild, fantasy action Lucas evoke in Indiana Jones by analyzing his favorite serials. The X-Men have complex interactions and a fast moving pace that I want to latch onto.

That and it's fun.

Oh, and naturally, you can click all of the pictures to see a larger version. Most pictures were chosen because of the art, but some of it has some pretty good dialog as well.

No comments: